Cellar 55 is hiring a part time Wine Specialist. Below is the Job Description. Qualified applicants should send their resume to Bill Wigington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wine Specialist readily assists wine customers to determine needs and make recommendations. The Wine Specialist develops a strong customer base, and builds relationships to maximize repeat visits; as well as fosters a collaborative work environment, ensuring a positive internal and external customer experience. In addition, the right person provides sales leadership and product knowledge inspiration to the team.
At Cellar 55 we strive to provide our customers with a unique and satisfying experience. The customer always comes first. When a customer is in the shop, everyone’s attention is on them. No personal use of phones, computers, tablet, socializing with friends are allowed unless in direct interactions with customers or Cellar 55 duties. Not giving 100% attention to the customer will result in disciplinary actions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and selling skills
- Demonstrates capacity for customer engagement and salesmanship including: approachability, perceptiveness, tact, resilience, ability to remain upbeat and take initiative
- No profanity, religious or political discussions are allowed while customers are in the store.
- No food is to be consumed in front of customers
- Highly visible on the sales floor to customers and associates, especially during peak transaction time
- Readily teaches and inspires store staff with wine knowledge
- Identifies wine education opportunities for customers and staff and coordinates with Store Manager
- In charge of weekly wine tasting events. (Set up, clean up, incl. glassware and setting up following weeks tasting), supervising the tasting personnel
- Utilizes e-mail and telephone to develop strong customer base
- Competent with classic food and wine pairing strategies
- Familiar with delivery procedures and ABC regulations
- Regularly communicates with Store Manager and Assistant to keep informed on all sales, promotions, and campaigns
- Regularly attends Merchandise tastings, with primary responsibility to share knowledge and learning from these events with all staff members
- Maintains open and flexible availability, including peak traffic hours
- Specifically able to work; evenings, weekends and periods leading up to major retail holidays
- Ensures company standards are met for store and associates appearance at all times
- Assists in the maintenance of the store to ensure cleanliness and organization at all times
- Communicates all wine out of stock issues and opportunities to Store Manager in a timely manner. Scan verifying department OOS weekly
- Assists in the execution of the Merchandise Calendar, campaigns, and sales promotions as necessary
- Responsible to have a complete understanding and maintenance of the Wine Dept.
- Knowledgeable on all wine pricing, signage, vintage updates, and displays
- Works closely with wine vendors and assists in stocking and presenting wine merchandise
- Manages core wine inventory, seasonal wine inventory and special release inventory to achieve sales targets and assure proper stocking levels are maintained
- Receives inventory and ensures all UPC codes and pricings are set up in POS for single bottle pricing and 4/6/12/24 packs
- Ensures all products have proper price labels on wine racks
- Prepares and serves food from small bites menu as needed; Ensures small bites orders are captured on the customer POS invoice
- Buses tables in tasting room as needed
- Monitors and interacts with customers to ensure a satisfactory customer experience
- Monitors WineWall and BeerWall to ensure everything is stocked and functioning properly
- Does not use Cellar 55 computers, networks or personal devices for non-work purposes unless approved by management.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures, including health, safety, and security
- Perform all other associate duties as assigned by manager
Valid Driver’s License
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships
- Availability to work during Cellar 55’s most productive times
- Weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Evenings and peak times
- Holidays – leading up to and including when necessary
- 1 years working in the Wine retail industry
- Serve-Safe Certification
- WSET Level 1